Greetings on this the Tuesday of the Twenty-second Week in Ordinary Time
Readings: 1 Thes 5:1-6, 9-11; PS 27:1, 4, 13-14; Lk 4:31-37
Notes: Continuing the thread on the connection between the continuous readings.
Therefore, encourage one another and build one another up, as indeed you do.
I believe that I shall see the good things of the Lord in the land of the living.
A great prophet has arisen in our midst
and God has visited his people.
Who he is:
- Monday – He is anointed.
- Tuesday – The Holy One of God!
- Wednesday – You are the Son of God.
- Thursday – He is Master and Lord.
- Friday – He is the Bridegroom.
- Saturday – He is Son of Man.
What he did:
- Monday – Scripture passage is fulfilled.
- Tuesday – heals a man filled with the spirit of an unclean demon.
- Wednesday – heals Simon’s mother-in-law who was afflicted with a severe fever.
- Thursday – super abundant fish catch at Lake of Gennesaret (depart from me a sinner).
- Friday – proclaims a new wine of blessings.
- Saturday – the Bread of the Offering is for the people.
Why he did it: (Law, Power, Provider)
- Monday – He is the Torah.
- Tuesday – dominion over the spirit.
- Wednesday – dominion over the body.
- Thursday – dominion over the creation.
- Friday – source of divine blessing.
- Saturday – giver of bread.
Peace be with you,