Greetings on this the Third Sunday of Advent
Readings: Zep 3:14-18a; Is 12:2-3, 4, 5-6; Phil 4:4-7; Lk 3:10-18
Notes: It should be note worthy that the first reading, the responsorial, and the second reading all say Rejoice!
Then John the Baptist describes how to find this JOY.
Shout for joy, O daughter Zion!
Sing joyfully, O Israel!
Be glad and exult with all your heart,
O daughter Jerusalem!
Cry out with joy and gladness: for among you is the great and Holy One of Israel.
Brothers and sisters:
Rejoice in the Lord always.
I shall say it again: rejoice!
Your kindness should be known to all.
The Lord is near.
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
because he has anointed me
to bring glad tidings to the poor.
The crowds asked John the Baptist, “What should we do?”
- Share your food with those who do not have enough.
- Share your clothes with those who do not have enough.
- Do not steal.
- Do not extort.
- Do not falsely accuse.
- Do not complain about your wages.
- Green – the bounty of the riches of natural and supernatural gifts from God noted.
- Red – Christ and for his martyrs who gift themselves.
- White – for the blessings of the person of God and in his Sacraments.
- Rose – for Joy of knowing God.
- Violet – for the twin truth of repentance and the Kingship of Jesus.
Peace be with you,