Greetings on this the Friday of the Sixth Week in Ordinary Time
Readings: Gn 11:1-9; Ps 33:10-11, 12-13, 14-15; Mk 8:34—9:1
Notes: We as a human family constantly fight within ourselves against the sickness of a hardened heart.
The Lord must intercede against these designs lest: nothing will later stop them from doing whatever they presume to do. Let us not presume to do whatever we want.
Let’s let the LORD lead and guide us in the right path. [Jesus said] Whoever wishes to come after me must deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me.
Busy week. In summary form, the following:
- I am transferring to Saint Mark’s Catholic Church. It is a Coventual Franciscan community.
- I will be a deacon at that parish and at the same time begin study in the 3rd order Franciscan (SFO).
- I will suspend writing daily scripture posts until I can afford to replace the laptop owned by SH.
- My first Mass at Saint Mark’s is the 4:00 PM Saturday.
- Sunday, February 19th, 2023, Serving the Archdiocese for the Military Services VAMC Riviera Beach.
- This weekend is a transition weekend.
I will miss my Sacred Heart family!
I look forward to a continued spiritual journey with a new focus.
Do not fear the Lord’s hand that guides us toward good and away from evil.
Related to today’s gospel portion and first reading is this newsletter I received and posted to my blog.
They said to one another, “Come, let us mold bricks and harden them with fire.” They used bricks for stone, and bitumen for mortar. Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city and a tower with its top in the sky, and so make a name for ourselves; otherwise we shall be scattered all over the earth.”
Then the LORD said: “If now, while they are one people, all speaking the same language, they have started to do this, nothing will later stop them from doing whatever they presume to do.
Blessed the people the Lord has chosen to be his own.
But the plan of the LORD stands forever; the design of his heart, through all generations.
I call you my friends, says the Lord, for I have made known to you all that the Father has told me.
Jesus summoned the crowd with his disciples and said to them, “Whoever wishes to come after me must deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me.
Peace be with you,