Mission Trip to Guatemala – Begins
On the Memorial of Saints Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen, Bishops and Doctors of the Church
In the Christmas Season having just completed the Octave of the Nativity.
From today’s gospel portion: Who are you?
I am one of many that proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ.
I am the voice of one crying out in the desert, ‘Make straight the way of the Lord,’ as Isaiah the prophet said.”
I am part of a travel delegation from Sacred Heart of Jesus, Lake Worth Beach, FL.
There is a mix of personal and parish goals for this trip:
- Parish mission on Three Kings’ Day (annual event, my first. I am not a major contributor to this effort).
- Assist Father Quesnel Delvard on his trip (I am escorting him as his deacon).
- Continue my Pilgrimage of the Diaspora Start Point in Guatemala. See blog trips 2022 tag Pilgrimage.
- Diaspora aid and assistance.
- Swimming education.
- Cathedral and sightseeing.
PHOTOS FROM THE DAY.
Grand Tikal Futura Hotel
Peace be with you,