Greetings on this the Thursday of the Eleventh Week in Ordinary Time
Readings: 2 Cor 11:1-11; PS 111:1b-2, 3-4, 7-8; Mt 6:7-15
Paul warns about SuperApostles, who are most likely false apostles, for even Satan masquerades as an angel of light (v14). It is important to see the differences.
For if someone comes and preaches another Jesus than the one we preached,
or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received
or a different gospel from the one you accepted.
Paul’s summary of his work in Corinth:
- I am jealous of you with the jealousy of God.
- I betrothed you to one husband to present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
- I helped you form a sincere and pure commitment to Christ.
- I took no money.
- My aid comes from others, from you I took nothing.
- The truth of Christ is in me.
- I love you.
Paul is saying:
- I preached Jesus and the gospel message.
- I have the Spirit of God upon me.
- Evaluate based upon my actions.
Your works, O Lord, are justice and truth.
You have received a spirit of adoption as sons
through which we cry: Abba! Father!
Foremost: Pray & Forgive.
This is how you are to pray:
‘Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name, thy Kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.’
Peace be with you,