Greetings on this the Saturday of the Twenty-fourth Week in Ordinary Time
Readings: 1 Tm 6:13-16; PS 100:1b-2, 3, 4, 5; Lk 8:4-15
Notes: Be Generous and Good Hearted? “Are you kidding me?”, some might say.
Being generous and good hearted is a decision not a state of being. At least not entirely.
A decision becomes a state of being. A state of being reinforces the decision.
Keep the commandment without stain or reproach
until the appearance of our Lord Jesus Christ.
[He is] the King of kings and Lord of lords.
Come with joy into the presence of the Lord.
Blessed are they who have kept the word with a generous heart
and yield a harvest through perseverance.
But as for the seed that fell on rich soil,
they are the ones who, when they have heard the word,
embrace it with a generous and good heart,
and bear fruit through perseverance.”
A willingness to allow the Lord to change you and use you for the harvest is a key component to evangelization. For this to happen one must embrace the Good News with a generous and good heart.
In the responsorial portion today we can see hints as to how one can have a generous and good heart toward the Lord, who provides:
- Come before the Lord in joyful song – our spirits are always lifted by good spiritual music.
- Serve the Lord with gladness – at least not too grumpy. Feeding the hungry is serving the Lord.
- Know the Lord is God – our Creator and our good Shepherd.
- Thankful to the Lord – for all what He has done.
- Bless the Lord – offer your own blessing to the Lord (as like a child kisses his mother).
- Trust his kindness – which is forever.
- Rely on His faithfulness – which is for all generations.
These are the elements of a Generous and Good Hearted toward the Lord.
Where seed take root.
And produce much fruit.
Peace be with you,