Greetings on this the Friday of the Third Week of Advent
Readings: Gn 49:2, 8-10; PS 72:1-2, 3-4ab, 7-8, 17;
Who is he?
- Gospel Matthew gives us his genealogy from Abraham.
- Gospel of Luke gives us his genealogy down to the son of Adam, the son of God.
- Jesus was a Judean by birth (Bethlehem) and by lineage.
- Jesus lived in a Judean enclave (Nazareth) in the region of Galilee, hence called a Galilean and Nazorean.
- He was born.
- He lived.
- He died.
- He rose again.
- He ascended.
- He taught.
- He healed.
- He showed us how to forgive and love.
- He blessed us and gave us gifts.
- He gave us the task to teach, heal, forgive and love.
- He was predicted by the Prophets and Psalmists and Moses himself.
- He was validated by his actions (See Deuteronomy 18:15ff).
O Antiphons 2021 posted for evening reflection.
The scepter shall never depart from Judah,
or the mace from between his legs,
While tribute is brought to him,
and he receives the people’s homage.
Justice shall flourish in his time, and fullness of peace for ever.
May his name be blessed forever;
as long as the sun his name shall remain.
In him shall all the tribes of the earth be blessed;
all the nations shall proclaim his happiness.
O Wisdom of our God Most High,
guiding creation with power and love:
come to teach us the path of knowledge
The book of the genealogy of Jesus Christ,
the son of David, the son of Abraham.
Abraham became the father of Isaac,
Isaac the father of Jacob
Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary.
Of her was born Jesus who is called the Christ.
He has many titles, from of ancient times.
Here is a nice write-up: https://www.catholic.org/clife/jesus/jesusname.php
But most of all… Friend.
Soon and very soon!
Peace be with you,