Greetings on this the Thursday of the Fourteenth Week in Ordinary Time
Readings: HOS 11:1-4, 8E-9; PS 80:2AC AND 3B, 15-16; MT 10:7-15
Notes: Friday through Sunday will be the Steubenville Trip.
Pray for our teens and a wonderful spiritual encounter!
Mission and Commission
- Wednesday gospel was The Mission of the Twelve.
- Thursday gospel is The Commissioning of the Twelve.
Overlapped with verse 7.
Conversion and Compassion
- Wednesday the first reading was on conversion.
- Thursday the first reading is on compassion.
Accept and Reject
- Wednesday the Apostles were to avoid places that reject them without hesitation.
- Thursday the Apostles are to go to every place regardless of rejection (the exclusion holds for now).
Some will listen, some will not.
But all are to receive the word of hope and peace.
It is rejection of holiness that is the only true measure.
It is not our judgment to make.
Ours is to proclaim the Good News.
Remember this, Amen, I say to you, it will be more tolerable
for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment
than for that town.
My heart is overwhelmed,
my pity is stirred.
I will not give vent to my blazing anger,
I will not destroy Ephraim again;
For I am God and not man,
the Holy One present among you;
I will not let the flames consume you.
Let us see your face, Lord, and we shall be saved.
Once again, O LORD of hosts,
look down from heaven, and see:
Take care of this vine,
and protect what your right hand has planted,
the son of man whom you yourself made strong.
The Kingdom of God is at hand:
repent and believe in the Gospel.
Jesus said to his Apostles:
“As you go, make this proclamation:
‘The Kingdom of heaven is at hand.’
Cure the sick, raise the dead,
cleanse the lepers, drive out demons.
Without cost you have received; without cost you are to give.
Go and do likewise.
Peace be with you,