Greetings on this the Wednesday in the Octave of Easter
Our readings today are as follows.
- The Book of Acts with Peter and John in the temple area.
- Psalm One Oh Five.
- The Gospel of Luke story of the Road to Emmaus.
This text is presented as a feed to a podcast tool.
On that very day, the first day of the week.
So many wonderful things to reflect on today about the story of the Road to Emmaus especially when paired with the reading from the Book of the Acts of the Apostles.
Perhaps in a bulleted list form?
- Jesus journeys with us in our uncertainty.
- The Apostles and the apostolic succession is given to do the same.
- Jesus taught all that the prophets spoke.
- The Church teaches the fulfillment of the Old Testament in Jesus.
- Jesus invokes compassion in the disciples.
- The Apostles show compassion for the beggar.
- Jesus is revealed in the Breaking of the Bread – Eucharist.
- Jesus is revealed in the healing of the beggar by the Apostles.
The Apostles ask Jesus to stay.
He gives them himself in Eucharistic bread until the End of Time.
Today, too, is that very day.
We come to him, Jesus, in the church. We seek to journey together, learn together, be compassionate together and be together in the breaking of the bread that he may never leave us.
Peace be with you,