Greetings on this the Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Readings: Rv 11:19a; 12:1-6a, 10ab; PS 45:10, 11, 12, 16; 1 Cor 15:20-27; Lk 1:39-56
Notes: Assumption of the Blessed Mother is a rare Solemnity that even replaces the planned Sunday Liturgy (20th Sunday) so important the Blessed Mother is in our hearts.
- She is a perpetual Immaculate Conception.
- The Holy Spirit is Uncreated, Eternal Immaculate Conception.
- Mary is the created Immaculate Conception.
- Bound together for eternity in a special way.
This is a derivative from Maximilian Kolbe reflective writings on the Blessed Mother, especially her immaculate conception.
Her child was caught up to God and his throne.
The woman herself fled into the desert
where she had a place prepared by God.
The queen stands at your right hand, arrayed in gold.
The last enemy to be destroyed is death,
for “he subjected everything under his feet.”
Mary is taken up to heaven;
a chorus of angels exults.
Elizabeth, filled with the Holy Spirit,
cried out in a loud voice and said,
“Blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb.
My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord;
my spirit rejoices in God my Savior
for he has looked with favor on his lowly servant.
- We look at Mary and see her Son.
- Mary looks at us and praises the Father.
- The Virgin Mary surpasses all creatures of heaven and earth.
- Mary is our mother and model.
- Mary is attentive to the Word and faithful to your service.
- Mary knows the depth of sorrow and the heights of Joy.
May she aid us in our prayers for relief of distress and strengthen our hope.
Peace be with you,